While talking about bad breakfast eating habits, we have to mention that the biggest mistake is when people skip their morning meal and choose to eat nothing for breakfast. If you say that you don‘t feel hungry in the mornings, think about benefits of eating breakfast!
Regularly eating breakfast can improve you health, mood and metabolism, it also stabilizes the levels of insulin in your blood and helps to lose some weight. However, eating breakfast every morning doesn‘t mean that you should eat anything you want. Breakfast foods also requires a lot of attention, so let‘s see what are the main mistakes we do in the mornings.
- Fruit juice. A lot of people love to refresh theirselves with a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice in the morning. It sounds not that bad, right? But have you ever thought that to get one glass of fruit juce you will need to squeeze at least two oranges? Would you be able to eat them all at once? Not so sure, yes? But when you drink those fruit juices, you drink all the calories and sugar that you can find in these two oranges. The effect to our organism is the same as drinking any other sugary drinks or soda. We have to admit, that now it doesn‘t sound that attractive. You can easily solve this problem by changing it into a glass of water with freshly squeezed lemon juice. It is healthy and very tasty!
- White bread. We are pretty sure that sometimes you like to have some sandwiches for breakfast. Very often people choose a few toasts or just a simple white bread and make sandwiches using various meats or cheeses. But after eating these sandwiches with white bread you feel hungry again in two hours… It happens because white bread has less nutrition value and also it can cause insulin spikes in your body. Don‘t worry, you can still enjoy sandwiches for breakfast, just choose a whole grain bread instead of a white one. Whole grain bread has way more fiber and nutrients that will help you to stay active and will give you a lot of energy.
- Pastries. Most of us prefer to eat sweet foods in the morning. Yes, freshly baked buns or a piece of cake is very tempting and delicious to eat with your morning coffee, but sadly, they don‘t have any nutrition value and are high in fat and sugar… Instead of having pastries for breakfast, choose a bowl of granola with honey, fruits or nuts. It will fill you with energy.
- Fatty meats. Let yourself to enjoy it only on Christmas morning, because fatty meats such as sausages, ham and bacon increase the risk of heart disease, cholesterol and strokes. Try to replace them with turkey or chicken – it is way healthier because it has way more protein, vitamins and minerals.
- Fried eggs. Don‘t understand us wrong, eggs are one of the best options for breakfast, the thing is that when you fry them in oil or butter, it gets loaded with cholesterol. This is very harmful to our body, so all you need to do is just change it into boiled or pached eggs. It is extremely tasty and healthy!
The description of five main breakfast mistakes should help you to improve your daily menu. Avoid too many fats and products without any nutrition value. And don‘t forget, the most important is to eat breakfast every single morning so you could start your day full of energy!