Everyone knows that here in New York you will always find a good hot dog and definitely won‘t be disappointed by their burgers. But have you ever heard that New York cheesecake may be the world’s richest dessert? And did you know that pastrami sandwiches are made by one of the oldest recipes in the world? Here we will tell you what are these ten must-things you have to try while visiting New York.
- Pizza. New York‘s speciality. New York pizza has a thin and floppy base. Light mozzarella and a classic marinara sauce are a must ingredients. Try New York pizza at „Roberta’s Pizza“ which is super popular and super good.
- Bagels. It has a very interesting texture: chewy and soft on the inside, crispy and crunchy on the outside. Seems like everyone here is crazy about „Absolute Bagels“ and „Murray’s Bagels“. Both ot them are good choices for classic New York bagels.
- Hot dogs. The hotdog has become a traditional New York food. „Crif Dogs“ will offer you a huge variety of this classical street-food.
- Doughnuts. Definitely. If you want to have an unforgettable experience, try them at „Doughnut Plant“.
- Pastrami sandwich. An iconic New York dish. Go to „Katz“ if you want to try a really good pastrami. Both tourists and locals love it here.
- New York cheesecake. There is no other cheesecake in the world which could be similar to classical New York cheesecake. We promise. Try it at „Junior‘s“ – you won‘t feel disappointed, we promise it as well.
- Burgers. For sure. The real classic of America. In New York you will find burgers everywhere and the best thing is that they‘re realy good even in the cheapest places. Feel free to try it in a random place – you won‘t be disappointed.
- Pancakes. Another must thing in New York. Try „Clinton Street Baking Company“ if you‘re craving for absolutely the best ones.
New York cheesecake
- Cookies. Looking for the chocolate peanut butter or the double chocolate chip cookie? You definitely need to check „LeVain Bakery“. Not only delicious, but also huge in size!
- Cupcakes. Sweet as life in America. If you‘re ever in New York, jump into „Molly’s“ – perfect place to relax and of course, they have your very first and perfect cupcake of New York.
You could spend every day eating in different restaurant and still never try all of the amazing food that New York City has to offer. Anyway, if you‘re ever visiting New York, try at least these ten things and you won‘t be disappointed by this unique experience!